From: mylifeorganized@googlegroups.com <mylifeorganized@googlegroups.com> On
Behalf Of Christoph Zwerschke
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2018 11:38 AM
To: mylifeorganized@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [MLO] Re: MyLifeOrganized 5 public beta is out!

Am 04.05.2018 um 18:14 schrieb Stéph:
> I was involved in some beta forum discussions about whether note
> formatting could be applied and whether Markdown might be a simple,
> lightweight way to provide that. It's interesting to see some of these
> challenges from the rest of the MLO community.

Actually I like the MarkDown support and think it was a good decision.
Fiddling with rich-text formatting is much more cumbersome.

However, I see are several things that could be improved. For instance, when I
paste anything that looks like a URL into the editable notes field, it
automatically becomes a clickable link - but when I switch to the note preview,
it's shown as plain text only. And when I format it as a Markdown link to
become clickable there, it's not clickable any more in the editable view. Would
be much better if URLs would be always clickable in any of these cases.

It would be also helpful if the note preview could be copied with formatting,
and pasted into Evernote or Word as formatted text.

Another missing part is support for checklists, e.g. using this common syntax
(also supported by Evernote):
https://blog.github.com/2014-04-28-task-lists-in-all-markdown-documents/

This can sometimes be a time-saving alternative to adding and managing real
subtasks. So far, I have been using - and + as workaround to mark uncompleted
and completed subtasks in notes, but they now all appear as bullets in the
preview.

-- Christoph

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/b906ce29-281d-9e81-6037-e61c3d6c6be4%40online.de.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/C9CEF7F90C85DA4F8B508CB062A04B1102883277DD%40mkewin-exchmbx.pkware.com.