I think it is best to ignore the markdown, as it is more pain than it is
worth.  Hard to believe in 2018 that a GUI would have markdown as the
formatting method in a program designed to make your life easier.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/0dfbf763-a9f4-46ac-925e-e16346e665f5%40googlegroups.com.