I have another issue with these checkboxes.
Sometimes I want to use MLO also as an outlining tool, similar to Workflowy or
Dynalist. In this case my entries has nothing to do with tasks, now they're
just lists with reference items. To have them "checked/completed" doesn't make
any sense.
And checkbox in front of every task is confusing psychologically. Of course, I
can try to ignore it, which I'm doing, but if I could get rid of it (or change
it), my work with MLO would become more enjoying.
(Now I usually mark different branches as Do Not Show in ToDo list for this
purpose, which also gives the items a different formatting).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/c9734888-e8e7-4e8e-a38b-e049176220a5%40googlegroups.com.