As a lifetime, southerner, both definitions are correct, as in to prepare, 
or, in Susan's example, about, as in, I'm about to do something. Usually 
used in a deferment type role. Have you cleaned the oven yet? I'm fixin' 
to. 

On Sunday, November 27, 2005 at 7:01:21 AM UTC-5, Amelite wrote:
>
> I have always considered that the Southern use of the verb "to fix" can be 
> replaced with "to prepare".  "I'm fixing supper" = "I'm preparing supper."  
> "I'm fixin to do that" = "I'm preparing to do that."  :-)
>  
> -Shoshi
>
> ------------------------------
> Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. 
> <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/3acc919b-10bd-4aea-8c14-77cc1cd20f5d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to