u mean u selected a task on the new workspace and go to another workspace
to work on other tasks and come back to the new workspace?

If so, maybe the "sync selection with first workspace"  is selected. It's
at Right click > set up workspace.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CAMMFJ%2BeosohWpLjEdo5DJQR6_wZrKYi15J27_gF9REo8KUBMTA%40mail.gmail.com.