WiFi tethering has worked for me, in the past. I have also done it by
setting up an "ad hoc" network, hosted by my Windows 7 laptop.  However,
now I only synchronise at home, at the end of each day.  I have static IP
addresses for laptop and phone on my home network, so I never have to
resync and deal with resolving sync conflicts.

Just thought I'd post that option here, for completeness.

Thank goodness that 99.99% of discussion threads on this forum are polite,
even when someone is frustrated by a feature of MLO.

Stéphane

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/572c8ebb-16dd-499d-9585-3a35700b3c03%40googlegroups.com.