The 50% upgrade discount
<https://www.mylifeorganized.net/upgrade.shtml#upgrade-to-new-ver> is only
offered to a registered user of the previous version (currently MLO 4). The
offer will remain in effect until MLO 6 for Windows is released. If a user
skips upgrade to MLO 5, then MLO 6 is to be paid at full cost (a regular
purchase). Regular upgrade is beneficial.

> I tried doing an export/import, but again, most of the custom rules
weren't recreated.
Did you try importing auto-formatting rules to MLO 5 as described
here:
https://www.mylifeorganized.net/announcements/windows-mlo-5-upgrade.shtml#mlo5_installation

? This should help you restore your customizations.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/cc57e41b-97d5-42ed-8005-07c69c130697%40googlegroups.com.