I suspect they're using resolutions higher than 1920 x 1080. 1920 x 1080
isn't really considered "high res" these days. The native res on my
monitor, for example, is 2560 x 1440. Many laptops (MS Surface Pros, for
example) are running at similar, higher resolutions.

Regardless, the problem isn't really the monitor's resolution. It's the
fact that these high resolutions force people to change the DPI setting for
their monitor, running at 125% scaling, 150%, etc., instead of 100%. This
forces everything to appear larger on the screen, but often introduces
scaling issues with apps that aren't DPI aware.

There are some settings you can play with, at least on Windows 10, to see
if that fixes display issues with MLO. Find the mlo.exe, right-click on it,
Properties, Compatibility tab, "Change high DPI settings" button (near the
bottom), try the different "High DPI scaling override" options.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/39273e6d-b334-4ea9-8e49-d69773a4ccf2%40googlegroups.com.