If I’m on a PC then I drag the email from Outlook into MLO. That way a link is
also created back to the original email, as long as I don’t move the email.

This is my preferred way of working, but if I’m not going to get to the PC then
I use the email to MLO option as neither of the email clients I use on Android
and iOS support sharing. Sometimes, depending on the longevity and complexity
of the task, or if I’m going to have to reply to the original email, then I’ll
replace the task with a dragged version once I get back to the PC, using the
emailed version as a reminder/task to do this.