> Hierarchical views are created in two steps (well, more really but only
two that matter to this discussion) First, the main and advanced filters
are applied to create a flat list of items that pass the filter at that
level. The second step makes it hierarchical: the children and/or parents
(per your request) are attached to each of the items that passed step one.
The children and/or parents are filtered based **not** on the main and
advanced filters but on the child filter and/or parent filter (click the
“config” button after the Show Hierarchy filter). Then the resulting trees
are merged and your view is ready.

Dwight, did you see Andrei's latest video:
https://groups.google.com/g/mylifeorganized/c/0Df7e26Gk5I

Apparently this is *not* how it works - the parent filter actually controls
whether items pass the main filter based on their parents.