Thank you again for your quick response!

It doesn't look like the video got attached to your post.

The text from the guide "you can also set additional filter for these
parent/child tasks" doesn't explain how that additional filter works.

As I understand, the parent filter filters the tasks, not the parents, and
includes only those tasks that have some direct ancestor meeting the
condition listed in the parent filter.

But the child filter seems to work differently - it filters the children,
not the tasks, and doesn't seem to work consistently.

See my post https://groups.google.com/g/mylifeorganized/c/xQeltoO3DcU
titled "Bug in the child filter," or see what I wrote above:

When I try using the same hierarchy with include child on, and a child
filter for "isProject is true," I still get the full hierarchy:

Folder Processed
  Project new2
  Project new
    Task x

"new" should be hidden, because it doesn't meet the condition. Its child is
not a project. And everything is highlighted.

And if I try the same thing, with include child on, and a child filter for
"isProject is false," I still get the full hierarchy:

Folder Processed
  Project new2
  Project new
    Task x

But Folder Processed should be hidden. It doesn't meet the condition. Its
children are projects.

Please help me understand how the child filters work!