Hi, I have all the organization I need in MLO, I just need somewhere to
keep some notes, with stuff like embedded pics or pdfs, and tagging. It has
to run on Windows and Android. I don't want it to map my mind, organize my
life, manage my calendar, tasks, or emails. Just keep some notes, and let
me tag them. I have used Evernote with a lot of satisfaction but I am
starting to dislike it, because it is continually taking some simple thing
that works well, enhancing it into something way beyond my needs, and then
making it part of some extra-cost plan. I suspect that OneNote would try to
pressure me to adopt OneDrive, Outlook, MSOffice, etc, all of which I don't
want.  Also, I do not want to pay a monthly subscription, it's just a
note-taker, I will pay a fair purchase price and then leave me alone.
Amplenote looks nice but it wants a monthly contribution. Obsidian is all
text, it looks like stuffing a bunch or photos, screenshots, drawings and
pdf's into it would be too difficult. Maybe I should use Google Keeps, but
my opinion is that any Google product that does not come to dominate its
category gets abandoned.  [throws hands in the air] It took me about a year
after learning about GTD to get my productivity back, I spent that year
trying all sorts of stuff that worked for somebody else, finding the parts
that work for me and getting rid of the rest. It would probably take two
years to absorb ketteltasken, I am slower now.
suggestions welcome
-Dwight