I do similar to Dwight. When I'm waiting for someone else to do something
to progress a task, I set the context to "@Waiting", put the person's name
at the top of my Note (with a ? tag - eg ?James, ?Sarah, etc) and reset the
start date to the first day I can start chasing them for it. As my active
actions should only be the ones with which I can actively do something, my
filters mean that all my post-dated or @Waiting tasks get removed from the
list and don't stress me until I next have to do something with them.

The ?Sarah tagged name in the task notes is so that I can filter for all
the things I'm @Waiting for from that person, so I can check status /
progress or remind them next time I call them.