Hi, Mike, I understand that you are looking for a quick and easy solution,
such as a single click button, to postpone an active task for a small
period od time. I don't have a solution although I agree with Stéph that
AHK (I'm not an AHK user) might provide what you want.

That said, your mention of repeating tasks brings to mind a hack that I'd
like to share in case it helps anyone. I have a problem snoozing repeating
tasks as it can mess up the recurrence. Suppose I have a task that I do
every Tuesday, with start and due dates both pointing to Tuesday. This
week, because of a busy Tuesday, I want to do it Wednesday. If I go into
the recurrence and change the start to Wednesday, MLO will change the due
date to Wednesday and will complain that the recurrence (every Tuesaday)
does not match the due date (Wednesday). By the time the revised task is
saved it will be set to reoccur every Wednesday. Unless I remember to go
set it back to Tuesdays (unlikely) I will miss doing this task next Tuesday.

Solution, create a child task under the task in question called "wait for
Wednesday" and give it a start and due date of Wednesday, set urgency to
max and set the star. (clearly this is  not a one-button solution but again
AHK could help.) The parent task will be automatically marked inactive due
to having an uncompleted subtask. The child task is also inactive due to
future start date. So there's no sign of this task in my to do list and I
can busy myself with Tuesday's things-to-do. Note that the snoozed task
itself has not been changed, it still wants to run on Tuesdays. Come
Wednesday, the "wait" task will be marked active because the start date is
no longer future. In my system the star is one way to guarantee that the
task, if active, will appear on my to-do list, and the max importance
guarantees that it will be at or near the top. I recognize this task when I
see it and I delete the task because the "wait for Wednesday" is done. Note
that if I just marked the wait task as completed it would have come back
next week and I would be missing my Tuesday task again. Once the child is
deleted the parent is returned to active status and returns to my to-do
list, showing (appropriately) as an overdue task.

My example involves waiting for a whole day but you could just as easily
turn on "time" for start date and wait for today 2PM if you like.
-Dwight