Thank you for the input, Leigh. Much appreciated!

I have used the "new task via email" method, but that also seems to only enable creation of a task in the Inbox root folder. My aim is to create a new task into a subfolder and bypass the root Inbox altogether.

Your suggested method of copying source text and then launching MLO and creating a task from the copied text does allow me to specify a subfolder of my choosing. But because I have to first copy the source material and then explicitly launch MLO, and then paste the text into the notes field of the task (and finally give it a title, if the copied text itself is not serving as the title) it involves extra steps to store the task where I want it.

I think MLO simply lacks the ability to efficiently process content *shared* into it (on the Android platform), in the manner I'm looking for. I know that standard GTD involves capturing items into the inbox as the first step, but the process I'm evolving seeks to eliminated that step as a requirement.
___
Sent from my cellphone; please forgive typos.