BOTTOM LINE: I have no problem with reminders.

It may not be the same thing, but reminders work for me.  When I miss a task,
and I’m looking at an overdue reminder, I mark it done, and then it fires again
at its normal scheduled time.  I realize this has a couple of problems,
including it shows a task marked as done when it really wasn’t done, but I’m
used to that by now and worse case go to my completed items and delete the
completed task (obviously I’m talking about a task where I have ‘show completed
task’ unchecked).

Back to reminders.  When I click dismiss, the task is still shown as overdue,
and when I mark the task done, the reminder still re-occurs at its scheduled
time.  So, while I sense you are probably correct, I don’t have any issues with
reminders…now that I understand how they work! (I didn’t used to).

In the past I’ve suggested having “working hours in settings”, so that a task
that is set to recur daily on workdays doesn’t go off on Sunday.  Or for hourly
tasks I don’t get a reminder to check email in the middle of the night.  In
other words, it would count an 8 hour-recurring task NOT including non-working
time, as MS Project Manager does.

Take Care,

Michael Emerald, CFA

Performance Business Design