For anyone interested, this is what I learned from the MLO team:

   - The way it has to be used, right now, is that when the first alert
   turns up, you do not use any of the buttons (eg Dismiss, Snoose, Complete),
   but you simply close the alert box.

What I am talking about is the section at the bottom of this dialog box.  I
wanted to use it in this case, so

   1.  I could be reminded of a birthday a week beforehand, so I could
   start making any arrangements, and
   2. also on the day of the event so I could send a Happy Birthday
   notice.
   3. I did not want to have to use two tasks for this.
   4. Nor did I want to have to have to manually set a snooze for each type
   of task

I do not believe this is a particularly good approach.  If you have
multiple alerts in the alert box, you have to first find and process the
non-repeating alerts, and only then close the dialog. This could be tedious
and is error prone in my opinion.

I suggested they improve on this by adding some repeating alert-specific
action button, or such.  I leave the detailed design up to them of course.
They said they would take this into consideration.
[image: alertbox.png]