one of my tables has ~10 million rows (but just 4 columns:
int,double,double,date (date,int as primary key)) and when i started a
replication on that database it crashed within 48 hours without any messages
in the error-log. the mysql-server stays, up, just the replication dies. i
don't have much possibility on testing for a reproduceable case since it now
is a production system with too much load for playing around with it. i have
backups of the whole database and might be able to test that in about 3 weeks
on other systems, but i'll test the new mysql-version first...

i just wondered if someone has a replication running with that number of rows
or even more in one table?

those crashes were really weird, we now excluded the table from the
replication and i'll split it up in 100 small ones what we wanted to do
anyway since mysqls table-locking is really annoying when doing inserts or
updates... and we do about 200.000 updates/inserts each day, half of them
within one hour at night :(

i'm running mysql 3.23.28-gamma...

bye
Jan