  From: Huang-Ming
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 9:33 AM
  Subject: MySQL constantly crash on BLOB insertions...

  hi sirs,

  i met a serious bug on inserting a 900+KB data into a LONGBLOB column.

  the error shows

   "MySQL server has gone away on executingSQL=
    INSERT INTO ebody(rtime,body,size,subj,pri,froms,tos,ccs,bccs,nattach,msgid)
    VALUES(date_add(curdate(),interval curtime() hour_second),?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) "

  it seems occurring only on insertions of "big data", eg. data>500KB. but when the
  error occurs, it still has NO problem to insert smaller data, eg. 100KB- data. so the
  fault might happen only to big data insertion.

  i'm using MySQL 3.22.25.

  this is schema of table 'ebody': (it has 75 rows now)

  create table ebody(
   bid     integer auto_increment not null,
   msgid   varchar(80) not null,
   body    longtext,
   length  integer,
   subj    varchar(128),
   pri     tinyint,
   rtime   datetime,
   froms   varchar(80),
   tos     text,
   ccs     text,
   bccs    text,
   nattach tinyint,
   #
   KEY i_msgid (msgid(8)),
   PRIMARY KEY (bid)
   );

  for your easier insepction, i also attach log message of my application which
  is a Perl5 script and is NOT running under mod_perl.

  at your earliest convenience, please advise me on how to go on inserting big data
  to this table. eg., should i need to upgrade to 2.23.31 for this problem.

  thanks a lot.
  Peter Pan