I have a script that saves a date in to a mySQL database.  The date I want
to be saved is 14 days from the current date.  So for example today's date
is January 22, 2001, the date I want saved is February 5, 2001.  However
when I add 14 days onto the day part part of the day I get January 36, 2001
and the mySQL database allows that to be saved!! Not very efficient.  Anyhow
how can I correct the problem above without going into and extensive
programming to check the month, the number of days in the month etc.,  other
programming langauges do the date check internally, does either mySQL or
Perl do it in anyway?

Thanks,
Mike