Ann Ricchiazzi wrote:

> Dear mySQL Users,
>
> I am trying to choose between mySQL and Oracle for a Linux server. My
> specific questions are:
>
> 1) Will mySQL handle 3000 hits/day well?
> 2) Does mySQL handle multi-media file formats? For example, if I want to
> store audio clips, or Flash movie clips, or PowerPoint presentations,
> can I do so?
>
> We make the decision this decision at 3:00 today. Your advice will be
> most helpful.
> Thanks,
> Ann

1) is VERY dependant on how many of the hits access the database
how many read/write querires.. etc etc.. To answer the question of
load you should try to get it down to queries/minute at least..
It also depends on hardware, optimization of queries, etc etc.

2) Yes, you can put anything you want into a mysql database, mysql
doesn't know the difference bewteen Falsh and PowerPoint but it
doesn't care if you put them in there.