Hello Michael,

Tuesday, January 23, 2001, 2:02:33 AM, you wrote:

Peter>> I saw this many times on different machines and this sequince never
Peter>> resolves itself ( the locks never disapears).  Always the only way to
Peter>> fix this is to kill one of the queries. I killed query #16 and
Peter>> situation momentaly fixed:

MW> <cut>

MW> Can you kill any thread when this happens to resolve the problem?

Yes. In thin case I always kill the oldest of Locked queries and
problem fixes....

MW> Looks very strange; There is probably some broadcast that is missing
MW> after a table is repaired.  I shall try to simulate this.  It
MW> shouldn't be that hard.

The other strange thing is - not all tables are locked - some queries
are running without any problems and some got stuck.

MW> I will do that.

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]