Chuck Barnett wrote:

> Thanks for replying.
> I know the SQL commands, I want to know how to automate the whole sequence.
>
> I've always written php pages that do the calls.  I want to write a script
> to do it on the server as a cron job or something.

Ahhh, pardon my confusion, since this the MySQL list I presumed you were
asking a mysql question. Your question is a cron/unix/php question not
a mysql question..

there are many options one would be to wite a PHP script that does
exactly what you need it to do when you "hit" it

then simply put a cron job in that looks like

lynx <url to my php script>

If you don't know cron you'll have to read the
man crontab
to understand the format of the crontab file or cron on your system, if
you
are using redhat you can simply put an executeable script with the
above line in it in the
/etc/cron.X directory where X is the interval you want it to run,
daily for example.