From: Eric Fitzgerald [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 10:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Are all SQL-databases based on the same query-language?

SQL itself is not the way the data is stored.  SQL stands for Structured
Query Language and is a way of retrieving and modifying/adding records.

If you write your SQL carefuly, yes you can use it pretty much "as is" on
any SQL system.  There are little changes and such however that every SQL
server makes to the ASNI SQL standards.  Somethings will work on one, but
not another.  Just be careful when writing your syntax and you should be
fine.