Gosh, this list is broken.  No reply-to to the list...  Had to manually
forward this message because I saw that only after I send the message to
SED....

So sprach SED am Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 07:01:02PM -0000:
> Can I have two (or more) different SQL-databases running at the same time on
> the same server (or same computer)? Does it varies between the systems?

Yes, for example installing postgre and mysql is no problem.  And yes, they
are available in PHP at the same time, you just need to switch your
mysql_connect to pg_connect and mysql_query to pg_exec.  But be sure to read
the different sections in the PHP manual, there are some minor differences.
And also make sure that you PHP installation supports all the different
databases.  On Mandrake (that's what I'm using and most familiar with) this
simply involves installing the right rpm packages, ie. php_mysql and
php_pgsql in this case.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)