From: Yeo Lip Hong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 7:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Installing MySQL 3.23.32 on Solaris 8 Intel

Hi,

I attempted to install MySQL 3.23.32 on a Solaris 8 Intel.

The version of cc I have is gcc 2.95.2.
The version of tar I have is gnu tar 1.13.

I encountered a problem while issuing this command :

o ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql

The error message is :

o checking return type of sprintf ..... configure: error can not run
  test programs while cross compiling

According to the INSTALL file, this problem happens because my cc is not
installed properly, or the version of gcc is not the recommended 2.95.2.
However, as I've mentioned above, my gcc is of version 2.95.2.

How can I solve the problem ?

Regards,
  Lip Hong