I use True/False fields all the time from MS Access through myODBC.  While
I've not used ASP, it would seem that the functionality would be the same.
If this is the case, then True is represented by -1 and False is
represented by 0.  Simply use the TINYINT that mySQL provides to store
these two values.

"Russ Davies" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I can't do that for 2 reasons :
1] 'True' and 'False' are reserved words in ASP
2] 'True' would then be a variant holding the value 'T' - which would mean
could not carry out logical comparisons with the two variants, evaluating
things against True or False.

I have to say after all the reccomendations I received for mySQL, I really
am shocked to find there are no BOOLEAN values/datatypes. Unless I'm
missing
something (and Im happy to admit I probably am) this seems like a very
serious and time consuming omission from the mySQL spec.
If anyone is aware of a solution to this, please email me, I quite like
mySQL but I think I'd probably move to another DBMS rather than spend a
long
time and get messy coding around this problem.

Russ Davies