"Carsten H. Pedersen" wrote:

> > Does anyone know how to find duplicates in a table and deleting
> > them. I can't figure out how to structure the query.
> >
> > Linsen
>
> http://www.bitbybit.dk/mysqlfaq/faq.html#ch7_6_0
>
> / Carsten
> --
> Carsten H. Pedersen
> keeper and maintainer of the bitbybit.dk MySQL FAQ
> http://www.bitbybit.dk/mysqlfaq

I wouldn't recommend that solution for a large table, it will
take forever and require enough disk space for a potentialy
very large index.. not to mention it has to modify
your existing index file since indexes are not in separate
containers...  Not to mention the fact that alter table
must copy the entire table to another temp table and
lock out writters..

If you have very small tables I suppose that is a reasonable
solution.