From: Ed Carp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 8:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Microsoft SQL Server linking to MySQL

> > I'm trying to set up a link to MySQL through Microsoft SQL.
> >
> > I set up a ODBC DSN using MyODBC and I told Microsoft SQL to link
through
> an
> > ODBC Datasource. Everything seems to work except I can't query anything.
> >
> > This is a statement I try.
> >
> > SELECT * FROM [MySQL].mysql.db
> >
> > This is the error message I get
> >
> > Invalid object name 'MySQL.mysql.db'.

The database name is set up through the Connect statement.  The correct SQL
statement would be "select * from mysql.db" or, more simply, "select * from
db" - after setting the database name in the DSN in the Connect statement.
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG          [EMAIL PROTECTED]           940/367-2744 cell phone
http://www.pobox.com/~erc               [EMAIL PROTECTED] - text pager

I sometimes wonder if the American people deserve to be free - they seem
so unwilling to fight to preserve the few freedoms they have left.