I've done it on a 486 with 64Mb memory and it took about an hour or an hour
and a half or so (it was a long time and I went off and did other things
while it was happening so my timing is not precise (oh that's make time for
the main part, make install much quicker)  - and it was a few versions ago
- 3.23.25 about.

cheers,

noel