Steven Roussey writes:
 > > My troubles continue with INSERTs (i posted a message about INSERT
 > > DELAYED crushing a server before). Now, I have this:
 >
 > We are running Linux and MySQL 3.23.30 and have similar problems. In
 > particular we have a lot of INSERT DELAYEDs into a fixed table, and REPLACE
 > DELAYED into a variable size table. At some point the handlers never finish
 > a query and then fill up handler, then fill up all other processes with
 > queries that are waiting for the table and then I have to kill -9 it from
 > the commandline.
 >
 > This only seems to happen if the tables are really big for the REPLACEs.
 > I've tested it starting with multi-GB tables and then with empty ones. I see
 > the slow query and lock up situation with the bigger tables.
 >
 > I can't make a real test case, save for copying from one multiGig table into
 > another, perhaps, while also streaming in other log data into the logging
 > table we have. I wish we could have a replay software so it gets the timing
 > the same to see what is going on thread-wise.
 >
 > Oh, well. Let me know if you figure this out.
 >
 > Sincerely,
 >
 > Steven Roussey
 > Network54.com
 > http://network54.com/?pp=e

Hi!

Only few words. Problems with DELAYED ops on Linux are usually related
to broken LinuxThreads.

Safest thing for you is to use our latest 3.23 binaries which are
statically linked with stable glibc and with some additional patches.

There can be another source of problems with REPLACE. As it has to
DELETE a row first, it might take a lot of time on huge table if MySQL
is not able for some reason to utilize index in order to locate  rows.

Regards,

Sinisa

     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic
    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             /*/             \*\                Developers Team