on 2/26/01 8:07 AM, Rolf Hopkins at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Actually, at the file system level, yes, you're right.  But database level
> security, not necessarily.  Check you have the right permissions for a start

At least in my case, the drop _almost_ succeeds. The table files are
deleted. The database's directory is entirely emptied, but it fails to
delete the directory itself. Mysql reports that rmdir failed with errno 21.

Errno 21 on my system is EISDIR -- 'is a directory', which doesn't seem to
be an error at all... And rmdir is not defined to return this error. But, I
can use the command rmdir to delete the directory without a problem, so I
suspect the error is not being reported correctly.

It does not have anything to do with security in mysql...it happens when I
drop as the root user with everything turned on in the user table...

Thanks,

Geoff