On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 04:34:20PM +0100, Nicolas GREGOIRE wrote:

> is it possible to create (I don't think it already exists) a
> mailing-list just for security problems about MySQL.
>
> I'm very concerned about the security of my web sites, and I rely on
> MySQL to provide dynamic content.
>
> So, for the moment, I must subscribe to the general list and receive
> tons of messages just to see sometimes a security annoucement (like the
> recent buffer-overflows)
>
> Does anybody share my point of view about this security-only list ?

Not exactly.

I'd rather see them sent to the MySQL announcements list. It is
already VERY low-traffic, and that seems like appropriate content.

No sense creating another list just for the VERY occasional
announcements when we already have one [mostly] for that purpose.

Thoughts?

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>