Hi,

I am tring to find the most compatable way to write CREATE TABLE statments
between mySQL and Postgress.

Postgress has a CREATE INDEX as does mySQL, but I would like to be able to
create Primary Keys and Indexes in the CREATE TABLE statment.

The problem I am running into is that Postgress doesn't have a INDEX
[index_name] (index_col_name,...) option, it only has
CONSTRAINT constraint_name ]
{ UNIQUE ( column_name [, ... ] ) |

with the mysql version being below

INDEX [index_name] (index_col_name,...)
or    UNIQUE [index_name] (index_col_name,...)

When you use UNIQUE  in postgress it automaticly creates an index as a
result. But it looks to me that this would not happen in mySQL.
Is that correct?

I am guessing that I am best off creating primary keys as a part of the
table create statement, but making indexes later on with CREATE INDEX
which is mostly the same between the two DBs

Does that make the most sense?

Thanks,

Eric

Frazier Consulting