At 22:25 27/02/2001 +0000, David Murphy wrote:
Hi!

>I have been running MySQL server for four weeks now and have not had any
>problems, until now
>I loaded Windows 2000 Server up this morning and tried to connect to
>mysql...I got the following error
>
>ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
>
> >From Component Services MySQL is set to run automatically but is not
>running, so if I click start it gives this error:
>
>Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedely
>
>Is this a case of reinstall?

Fist is time to see Why ?
The error 1067 means that the server was aborted and should be:

- A wrong line on the configuration file my.cnf or my.ini.
   To test this comment all the lines except:
   basedir=c:/mysql
   datadir=c:/mysql/data

   Note that the key above are samples, you use the correct paths
   of your environment

   Run the service and verify if the server run without problem.
   Then analyze and find the wrong line.

- There is a problem in the share directory.

- You have dropped a grant table or there is a corruption table.
   That is the reason to have a backup of the tables.

If don't have success to recover the grant tables is time to reinstall.

Regards,
Miguel
>Thank you in advance
>
>D. Murphy

   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   http://www.mysql.com/
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__  Miguel Solórzano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/  São Paulo, Brazil
        <___/                  Development Team