Here it is in perl/DBI using hashes of arrays:

  my $database =
DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:database=$DATABASENAME;host=$HOSTNAME
ST",$MYSQLUSER,$MYSQLPASS,{RaiseError=>0,PrintError=>0});

  my $tablea = $database->prepare("SHOW TABLES FROM DATABASENAME");
  $tablea->execute();
  my @active_tables;
  while(my @temp = $tablea->fetchrow_array){
    foreach my $tmptable (@temp){
      push @alltables, $tmptable;
    }
  }
  $tablea->finish();

  foreach my $table (@alltables){
    my $comand = "SELECT BLAH FROM $table";
    my $sth = $database->prepare("$comand");
    $sth->execute();
    while(my $ref = $sth->fetchrow_hashref()) {
      push @LoH, $ref;        # add hits to list
    }
  }

  for $i (0..$#LoH) {
#    See camel book for printing of lists. There's lots you can do here.
    for $key %{$LoH[$i]}){
      print $key=$LoH[$i]{$key}\n ";
    }

  }