I was wondering what others are thinking with respect to transaction table
type (BDB, Innobase, or Gemini) choices.

It seems to me that if you want transaction support in MySQL, then you must
pick one of the available transaction table types.  And I would also assume
that row level locking would be a better choice than page level locking.

So which one, Innobase or Gemini?  If you are doing typical finacial
transactions, then either would be a reasonable choice, but I wonder which
one would offer better backup/recovery options, etc.

I was hoping for some guidance.  Any takers?

Thanks,
Rick

/ Rick Mehalick       Senior Consultant
/ Shell Services International SSI-GPAX