Thank you for your response (I said right?!? sorry for my little english!)
what you say is very interesting!!!
Where can I read more about RAID_TYPE ecc... (the 3° solution you said?)?

Now I'm writing the program in C and I have not meet this problem but I
will!!!! :-(

Just for curiosity: I have to study the flow of data in a net : I'm working
in a network desing. If somebody  is doing that or is interested we can
exchange experiences and  suggestions.
Thank you again.
Mario.

Il 16:51, giovedì 15 marzo 2001, scrivesti: