Hi!

Innobase does not support partial-field indexes. We have to block their
usage in the SQL parser. Miguel's query on Win NT perhaps worked because the
optimizer there chose another access path and did not use the partial-field

But thank you Alex, we have to block them in the parser, and I will
update the Innobase online manual immediately.

Regards,

Heikki

>| Table | Non_unique | Key_name | Seq_in_index | Column_name  | Collation |
Cardinality | Sub_part | Packed | Comment |
>| test  |          0 | PRIMARY  |            1 | symbole      | A         |
NULL |     NULL | NULL   |         |
>| test  |          1 | id_lib   |            1 | libelle      | A         |
NULL |        1 | NULL   |         |