If you wanted html output you could do this
mysql -u<user> -p -H -e"query_to_run" > webFile.html
The -H switch produces HTML output.

-----Original Message-----
From: mos
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 8/23/04 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: into outfile

Scott,

At 11:58 AM 8/23/2004, you wrote:
>SELECT
>         foo
>INTO OUTFILE
>         '\\l030k12\qcda\2004-08-03.html'
>WHATEVER
>         foo;
>
>Is that possible? I seem to be doing it wrong.

select * into outfile 'p:\win2ktmp\mytest.txt' from mytable
where ....
order by ....

Make sure the output directory exists and make sure the "into Outfile
<filename>" appears before the "from" statement.

BTW, you have .html as a file extension. MySQL only outputs in text
(Into
OutFile) or binary (Into DumpFile) files, not HTML. If you want HTML
then
you need to format the thml table it yourself in whatever language you
prefer.

Mike