Hi,

This is a question about optimization of mysql's InnoDB performance ... quoting the doc's

> "The default value is 8. If you have low performance and |SHOW INNODB STATUS| reveals many threads waiting for semaphores,
> you may have thread thrashing and should try setting this parameter lower or higher..... The default value is 8. If you have low
> performance and |SHOW INNODB STATUS| reveals many threads waiting for semaphores, you may have thread thrashing and
> should try setting this parameter lower or higher."

What is a reasonable value for a dual Xeon 2.8Ghz with 6 disks? we are currently running with innodb_thread_concurrency=16. Each DB has 200-400 active php clients, and there appears to be quite a large backup within innodb, based on this. Any suggestions? Or experience with setting this option to 500?

Thanks :)

Devananda
Neopets, Inc