You will have to call the last_insert_id() function in order to obtain the
autoincrement value.

-----Original Message-----
From: dan orlic
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 8/25/04 2:26 PM
Subject: autoincrement question

question:

   I have an insert statement that has a null for the value of the
primary key, id, since that value is also a
auto-increment field.  The problem i am running into is I need that Id
further down the road for map tables, but I have no idea
what the id is, since it is in fact, autoincremented when inserted into
the DB.

My question is this... is there anything I can add to my insert
statement that can have mysql return the id value? or am I just nuts?

thank you for your help

dan