Hello, I have two installations of mysql on my computer a stable 4.x version
and the aplha 5.x version. I want to use a separate my.cnf file for my 5.x
version. But as soon as I start the mysqld_safe it tries to read /etc/my.cnf
which belongs to my 4.x server. This ofcourse is not what I want. I have
placed the my.cnf in the root directory of my mysql5 directory
(/usr/local/mysql5/my.cnf) but I dont know how to force mysqld_safe to read
that file and not the one in /etc/my.cnf.

Could someone give my a solution on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance
/Jonas

Jonas Ladenfors
Software engineer