Can you post one or 2 sample lines from alarm.txt ?

Regards,
Andrey
P.S.
(i am not on [EMAIL PROTECTED] so add me to the CC:)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
    Hi,

I tried with the spool option to get the data from the tables in the oracle.
For this go to pl/sql editor, go to file menu, select spool, asks for a file name give the file name you want, later type the select command from which you want the data. and select spool of option from the file menu.
eg; select * from alarm;
After spooling i got the file alarm.LST as the attached (it will be there in C:/orant/bin). Save that file as .txt file.
Now go to mysql prompt as a root user. 1) choose any of the default database by using the command eg: use test
2) create the table alarm using the same columns, data types (here data types may differ) as in oracle
eg; mysql> CREATE TABLE ALARM (
-> ARRIVED DATE NULL,
-> DETECTED DATE NULL,
-> NAME VARCHAR(20) NULL,
-> TYPE INTEGER(1) NULL,
-> ALARMLEVEL INTEGER(1) NULL,
-> VERIFIED INTEGER(1) NULL,
-> DISCLOSED INTEGER(1) NULL,
-> CATEGORY_NUM INTEGER(1) NULL,
-> EVENTID INTEGER(5) NOT NULL,
-> REASON VARCHAR(60) NULL
-> );
3) Use the LOAD DAT INFILE command for data to import from .txt file (copy the alarm.txt file into c:\mysql\data\test (if we use test database))
eg; mysql> LOAD DATA INFILE 'alarm.txt' INTO TABLE alarm;
Here the data is not inserting properly: Bcs
1) The data in the alarm.txt file should be like each colum data should be seperated by \t and each row should be separated by \n . and from spool the data is not coming in the desired format. I did not find any suitable command/option to get the spooling file with the desired delimiters. Colud any one suggest me here.
2) The date format is different in oracle and mysql. This also i took care externally.
3) Even i tried by formating the data in the required (see the attached alarm.txt for the format), getting the result as the following . Not inserting the data properly.
mysql> LOAD DATA INFILE 'alarm.txt' INTO TABLE alarm;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
Records: 1 Deleted: 0 Skipped: 0 Warnings: 1
mysql> select * from alarm;
+------------+------------+------------+------+------------+----------+-----------+--------------+---------+-------
-+
| ARRIVED | DETECTED | NAME | TYPE | ALARMLEVEL | VERIFIED | DISCLOSED | CATEGORY_NUM | EVENTID | REASON

+------------+------------+------------+------+------------+----------+-----------+--------------+---------+-------
-+
| 2004-09-27 | 0000-00-00 | 2004-09-27 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

+------------+------------+------------+------+------------+----------+-----------+--------------+---------+-------
-+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
mysql>
I tried with another command mysqlimport. but that command also seems to be work with the above format only. Please give me a solution for this. Is there any other way to do this from oracle. My aim is dumping the data from oracle to mysql.
Thanks,
Narasimha

-----Original Message----- From: Praneesh Prakashan (WT01 - TELECOM SOLUTIONS) Sent: Tue 9/28/2004 9:48 AM To: Lakshmi NarasimhaRao (WT01 - TELECOM SOLUTIONS); Jathish Maruthoormana Jayanthan (WT01 - TELECOM SOLUTIONS) Cc: Deepak Nagarajan (WT01 - TELECOM SOLUTIONS) Subject: RE: Using XML with my Sql

Hi Narasim,
In the Pro* C files (dbids.pc, dbtutil.pc), synonyms are being used.
regards,
- Praneesh