RV Tec wrote:

Folks,

A couple of months ago I asked this question, and there was no answer,
since then I couldn't find a reasonable answer or a way to find it myself.

What happens if MySQL runs out of space at TMPDIR? I guess I could use the
performance improvement of redirecting that to a MFS DIR. The only problem
is I can only spare a 1 Gig of memory at that dir.

MySQL documentation[1] mentions that I can use two (or more) mount points,
in a  round-robin fashion. This could kill the performance improvement...

Would MySQL crash under TMPDIR starvation? There is a way to use another
mount point, only if the primary runs dry?

MySQL will stop processing the current query until space becomes available. It will then continue.

Thanks a lot,

RV Tec

[1] = http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Temporary_files.html