Hi,

Just wanted to check something from the documentation.
The recommended procedure for removing the bin logs on the master is

On each slave server, use SHOW SLAVE STATUS to check which log it is
reading.
Obtain a listing of the logs on the master server with SHOW MASTER LOGS.
Determine the earliest log among all the slaves. This is the target log. If
all the slaves are up to date, this will be the last log on the list.
Make a backup of all the logs you are about to delete. (The step is
optional, but a good idea.)
Purge all logs up to but not including the target log.

When I do a show slave status, I should be looking at the Master_Log_File
field ?

Thanks.

Marvin Wright
Flights Developer