> If this is the case you can create the table in a separate database, and
> in your mysql configuration tell the binary logging to exclude that
> database.  Then anything in that specific database won't get replicated,
> I believe you can only do this exclusion on the database level, not per
> table.  But you can perform all your queries across databases just fine.

Yeah, I thought about that. We're currently creating the tables in the
test db. I'm just worried about someone trying to update/insert/delete
data back in the main database based on a query against the temporary
data. In that case the source data wouldn't exist on the replica.

I suppose create a database called test_not_replicated or something
similar to help avoid people doing that.

Thanks.