If you build the composit indexes as suggested, does your performance improve?

John Smith wrote:

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 13:58, Victor Pendleton wrote:

What does the explain plan look like?

id select_type table type possible_keys key key_len ref rows Extra 1 SIMPLE properties ref old,price,countyid countyid 3 const 9233 Using where; Using filesort

The filesort I know is a problem but I thought I read sorting it using
myisamchk by the price key helps this.

Also if I remove ORDER BY and the price >=1 AND old = 0 the query still
takes 46 seconds which is too long for a dynamic site that I am trying
to build.

John