Hi,

Here is my problem :
I want to copy datas from an existing website to my local website.
The website is a collection of images with thumbnails.
With phpMyAdmin, i made an export of the image table and i have a 16 MB file 'image.sql' containing sql orders to create table and insert values.

With phpMyAdmin of local website, I tried to execute that sql file but got errors related to memory allowed to php (2 MB max).
I tried to modify 'memory_limit', 'upload_max_filesize' in "/etc/php.ini" but still got errors.

So I tried with mysql tools.
with "source /path/image.sql;" the table is created but i got the following error :
ERROR 1153: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'

I've seen threads in this list about same error, but I feel i'm in a wrong way...

What would be a "good" way of doing that export/import of datas ?
What to do if I want to upload bigger datas on the existing website ? (I only have a phpMyAdmin access)

Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I'm new to MySQL, phpMyAdmin.

My local config is PowerMac G4, Mac OS X 10.3.5, MySQL 4.0.21

Thanks in advance

Michel RENON