Ian gave you the answer:

From: Ian Sales
[...]
- show indexes from DATABASE_NAME.TABLE_NAME

The syntax is: SHOW INDEX FROM tablename FROM dbname

- or, show create table DATABASE_NAME.TABLE_NAME;

To elaborate: You can not use the SELECT statement to get this information in MySQL, like you can in Oracle. In MySQL, you can only get this information from other statements, like SHOW INDEX FROM ... and SHOW CREATE TABLE.

--
Roger